With summer well on its way, here is a fun little project with a beachy theme! We made ours on canvas, but you can easily make your creation on a heavier piece of paper too. This is a great project too for using up odds and ends like beads, gems, and even buttons. Be sure to put the date on the back when you are finished to make a special keepsake!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Art canvas or heavy paper
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Paper towel rolls for bubbles
- Beads, shells, gems, and/or buttons
- Hot glue
- You’ll want to start by painting the background, we kept it simple…just water sky, and sand. Let completely dry before moving onto step 2.
- Next it’s time to do the handprints! Make sure you paint a nice thick (not too thick though) coating of paint on child’s hand. Now stamp the hand on the canvas…just straight down then back up, try not to wiggle the hand or it will be smudgy looking.
- Let dry then add eyes. We did a white thumbprint for the outer part of the eye, then dipped a pencil eraser in black paint for the center of the eyes.
- Now you’re ready to embellish! Glue beads/gems/shells/buttons to canvas with hot glue (adults do this part)
- Let everything dry overnight and you’re ready to hang your masterpiece up! This is perfect for a kid’s bathroom too.
(Affiliate links, enjoy these awesome products and thanks as always for your support!)