Let’s make a super cute beaded flower! They require minimal supplies too. Use them for all kinds of things, here are just a few ways you can use them:
- Hang some in a window,
- Make into an ornament for the holidays,
- Add to the top of a gift for a cute handmade touch,
- String a bunch together to make a garland,
- Add one to a headband or barrette
- And lots more!
Follow along to the full video tutorial too to see it step by step:
Love fun craft videos? Be sure to subscribe to the Sparkle & Splatter channel for all of the latest crafty fun!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 long pipe cleaners (12 inches or more, if you only have the shorter ones, that’s ok! You can either twist two together to make a longer one, or just use smaller ones for a smaller flower)
- Large beads (be sure the pipe cleaners will be able to fit though them) I used mostly plastic pony beads, wood beads, and other larger beads from my stash.
Here’s how to make it!
- Begin by twisting two pipe cleaners in the center to form an x shape.
- Add the third pipe cleaner and then twist into the center as well.
- Add beads to the first strand, leaving about a half inch to an inch un-beaded.
- Bend strand downward toward the center of the flower and twist it with the strand next to it to secure–first petal done!
- Repeat to create all 6 petals of the flower.
- Shape up as needed and use your beaded flower however you like-see the list above for some fun ideas!