Looking for a super cute and easy as pie knitting project? Look no further than this adorable knit twist top headband! Basic knit stitches are worked into a simple rectangle, then cleverly seamed with just a few little stitches to give it the fun twist at the top. This is a quick project that you could whip up in no time flat. Fun to wear and fun to make for a quick gift too!
Follow along to the full video tutorial, showing you how to make the knit twist top headband every stitch of the way:
Love fun craft videos? Be sure to subscribe to the Sparkle & Splatter channel for all of the latest crafty fun!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 64 yards of super bulky/#6 yarn (I used Hometown by Lion Brand in “Key Largo Tweed”)
- US 13 9.0mm straight knitting needles
- Tape measure
- Tapestry needle
- 4 inches wide
- 20 inch circumference
Here’s how to make it!
- Cast on 10 stitches.
- Row 1: Knit all stitches.
- Repeat row 1 for about 20 inches (or what fits best for you).
- Bind off all stitches, leaving a long tail for seaming.
- To seam the headband, bring the two ends together and fold them both in half to make a “c” shape with each ends. Bring them together, interlocking them. Sew all layers of the “sandwich” using the tail. Secure with a strong knot and weave in any ends.
- Turn headband right side out and straighten and neaten it up.
- Now your knit twist top headband is ready to wear!
Note: if you have never knitted before, be sure to check out the video tutorial (above) where I walk you through each step of the way!
For more awesome crafts and family fun, be sure to follow Sparkle & Splatter everywhere for the latest projects and activities!